Google
 

Monday, April 30, 2007

Portrait of A Friend


I can't give solutions to all of

life's problems, doubts, or fears.

But I can listen to you

and together we will search for answers.


I can't change your past

with all it's heartache and pain,

nor the future with it's untold stories.

But I can be there now when you need me to care.


I can't keep your feet from stumbling.

I can only offer my hand

that you may grasp it and not fall.


Your joys, triumphs, success,

and happiness are not mine;

Yet I can share in your laughter.


Your decisions in life

are not mine to make, nor to judge;

I can only support you, encourage you,

and help you when you ask.


I can't prevent you

from falling away from friendship,

from your values, from me.

I can only pray for you, talk to you, and wait for you.


I can't give you boundaries

which I have determined for you,

But I can give you the room to change,

room to grow,room to be yourself.


I can't keep your heart

from breaking and hurting,

But I can cry with you

and help you pick up the pieces

and put them back in place.


I can't tell you who you are.

I can only love you

and be your friend.


No comments: